Thank you for your interest in Cornerstone Christian Academy!
Academic excellence is a priority at CCA. Building Christian leaders through research-based engaging educational best practices every day is our focus. I have listed below just a couple academic highlights that differentiate CCA from other schools in Fort Bend County as well as some new initiatives that are happening this school year.
- Average students to teacher ratio are 8 to 1 in PreK through 1st grade. 16 to 1 in 1st through 8th grade.
- 25% of all teachers have Master’s degrees
- 18 years of average teaching experience
- 23 of 49 students in 4th through 6th grade received a superior rating at the Academic Meet
- 32% of the teaching staff has been selected Teacher of the Year from their previous school
- 40% of 4th through 8th graders qualified for Duke TIP in the 2018 school year (Talent Identification Program). This is the highest in the history of CCA. To qualify a student must receive a 95 percentile on a Duke University approved the standardized test.
- Standardize tests results in kindergarten through 8th grade were significantly above the norm in all tested content areas in every grade resulting in a High rating. Millions of students in both public and private schools are currently taking MAP testing across the US with many states utilizing it as part of their accountability system.
- AdvancedED accreditation rating is currently in the top .5 percentile globally among all independent schools
- SEEK program in PK3 through 5th grade (see additional information regarding SEEK program)
- Childcare Education Institute online system for PreK teachers for ongoing professional development
- Lexia Core 5 Primary (Bridge Kindergarten through 2nd) reading support system that will be accessible at home to parents and students
- Implementation of STEM Project Lead the Way Program in Elementary to complement our current Middle School STEM program
- Business partnership with Memorial Hermann Hospital working with Middle School students in our STEM program
- Offering High School credit options for Spanish, Algebra, and STEM.
- Middle School STEM granted High School credit elective status by Texas Education Agency in grades 6th through 8th grade. CCA one of the only private or public schools in the Houston area that is offering a High School credit elective options for 6th graders in STEM.
- Middle School Advanced classes offered in ELA, Science, History, and Math
CCA believes in providing an exceptional education for our students and we are proud of the academic performance of our children. We also believe that the Christian foundation and loving environment we set daily is just as important in equipping our students with Skills of Life and Faith for Eternity.
Eric Nicholie - Head of School